Corporate and Foundation Relations
Philanthropic support from corporations and foundations takes many forms, including gifts for endowment, faculty support, facility construction, scholarships and fellowships, research, public outreach, internships, sponsorships, technology transfer, diversity programming, and access to education for underserved audiences.
The URI Foundation's Corporate & Foundation Relations staff offers expertise and guidance to members of the University community through the following services:
• Developing funding strategies
• Identification, qualification, cultivation, and stewardship of corporate prospects
• Preparation and development of proposals and reports
• Coordination with the URI Division of Research & Economic Development and the
URI Business Engagement Center
• Managing the process of developing and furthering corporate and foundation
Through these services, we promote the development of interdisciplinary partnerships and help coordinate an effective, University-wide approach to corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
By working to successfully match the needs of the University to support innovation, research, scholarship and the development of emerging programming with available corporate and foundation funding and grant opportunities, the office of Corporate & Foundation Relations makes a significant impact on the entire university community.
See a list of all current funding opportunities.
Located in the Alumni Center, the Corporate & Foundation Relations staff is ready and available to assist you. Please contact a member of our team:
- Katharine Hazard Flynn, Executive Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations, at 401.874.7084 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharon Pavignano, Associate Director, at 401.874.5124 or email@example.com.
- Katie McGwin, Senior Grant Writer/Communications Manager, at 401.874.9509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Franko, Senior Grant Writer, at 401.874.4435 or email@example.com